Dispute a merchant transaction
At times you may have the need to dispute a merchant transaction that appears on your Card account. In this situation we encourage you, wherever possible, to contact the merchant directly. This is typically the most efficient way to resolve such disputes.
If you have been unsuccessful in resolving your dispute with the merchant involved, you may request that American Express take up this dispute on your behalf. To do so, please select from the list below the situation that most closely resembles the nature of your dispute.
For any dispute that we investigate on your behalf, you will be liable for a Rs. 100 service fee in the event that the disputed transaction is deemed valid by American Express based on our investigation.
- I did not make this transaction, or authorise anyone to do so on my behalf
- The same transaction appears multiple times on this statement or on a previous statement
- The transaction amount differs from the receipt that I signed
- I had cancelled the transaction, and yet it appears on my statement:
- My dispute is related to goods bought:
- I had earlier reported a dispute